City of Ontario and Brookfield Residential Announce Drone Services, Robotic Cars, E-Scooters, Smart Hubs, and More Along with a Major Retail Opening
The first drone test service for a major US city and the first robotic vehicles for every California community
Brookfield Residential and City of Ontario unveiled comprehensive, lifestyle-enhancing technology innovations and services for Ontario residents and the New Haven master plan community. Breakthroughs include the first authorized test drone service for a major US city, robot vehicles for residents, as well as e-scooters, smart hubs and more. They come as New Haven unveils major retail openings in the New Haven Marketplace. These technological advances – the result of long-term investments by City and Brookfield Residential – define Ontario as one of the most advanced cities in the United States for delivering technology that dramatically improves people’s lives.
“New Haven residents will soon be enjoying exciting technical tools in a master plan environment that will improve the quality of life on a daily basis,” said Brookfield Properties SoCal Land & Housing President Nicole Burdette. “These drones, robotic carts, e-scooters, smart nodes and other amazing advances will make life in New Haven easier and better.”
Ontario Mayor Paul S. Leon agreed, saying, “The New Haven Master Plan was launched in 2015 as a ‘gigabit community,’ with lightning-fast downloads that far surpassed other cities in the country. Since then, our partnership with Brookfield Residential has continued to deliver the best, most modern, and practical technology. It’s all about community, connectivity and convenience. And these new tools – that make New Haven better and easier – are driving sustainability and business, making Ontario one of the nation’s leading smart-tech cities. “
Brookfield Residential, City of Ontario, and its technology partners introduced the suite of technology services at the Tech on Tap technology show on July 9, 2021. This event also marked the opening of an important new phase of New Haven Marketplace, the retail hub developed by Frontier Real Estate Investments in partnership with CALSTRS and Brookfield Residential. Located on Ontario Ranch Road between New Haven and Haven Avenues, the New Haven Marketplace now includes Rodeo X (with gourmet food) and the Brew Haven tap house.
The technical tools and partners are:
– Drone delivery: The leading drone service provider DroneUp is working together with the leading provider of drone software Airspace Link to bring drone deliveries from companies and services on the New Haven Marketplace directly to residents. After upcoming tests, Ontario and New Haven plan to offer the first authorized drone flights in a major US city. These are also the first flights near a major airport (Ontario International Airport) and the first drone flights with direct city involvement.
– Personal follower robot carts: Gita (pronounced “Gee-tah”) are robotic carts that transport residents’ items to and from shopping and recreation (up to 40 lbs.). They make walking more comfortable and shopping and relaxing are more fun. New Haven has already launched its Adopt-a-Robot pilot and will be the first community in California to use robot carts for its residents.
– E-scooter: Clevr Scooters – These three-wheeled electric scooters are offered as an alternative means of getting around the community. The scooters are part of the City of Ontario’s broad prioritization for urban mobility options. The scooters reduce the need for cars and at the same time facilitate short transport routes. Unlike other scooter providers, Clevr focuses on supplying suburban residents, not just urban centers
– Intelligent Knots ™: ENE HUB (pronounced “Any-Hub”) are well-designed, multifunctional street lights that provide lighting, phone charging, environmental sensors, WiFi and 5G services, route finding, security and even speakers for streaming music or announcements. As a subsidiary of Brookfield Infrastructure Partners, ENE HUB Smart.Nodes ™ also measures data on energy and transport efficiency. The Ontario Ranch’s first Smart.Node ™ will be installed and operated on the New Haven Marketplace.
– First joint innovation: 4th Sector Innovations provides powerful innovation and entrepreneurship services to for-profit, nonprofit, and government organizations, and its Ontario location is focused on promoting technology development for the region’s largest economic sector – commerce and logistics.
With the City of Ontario’s leadership and vision for high-speed connectivity, these technical innovations follow the groundbreaking high-bandwidth fiber optic communications that residents of New Haven and the Ontario Ranch have enjoyed since the community opened in 2015. Comparable to advanced Google Fiber communities in other parts of the US, this is “Gigabit community“Offers up to 1,000 megabits per second for super-fast downloads and more home work, study and entertainment.
In addition, Brookfield Residential recently unveiled its smart home services myTime and myCommand. myCommand enables potential home buyers to schedule visits to show homes privately and on their own schedule, even outside of business hours. And the new voice automation technology from myCommand integrates the three most important smart home platforms – Amazon, Google and Apple. Brookfield Residential is North America’s first major home builder with a seamless choice of all three.
ENE HUB station on New Haven Marketplace – street furniture that offers lighting, phone charging, WiFi and 5G services, route finding, security and even speakers for streaming music or announcements. Photo by Brookfield Residential.
New Haven marketplace opened
New Haven recently welcomed the New Haven Marketplace, the first retail hub under the Ontario Ranch Master Plan. The New Haven Marketplace is located on the 45,204 square foot Stater Bros. Market and is within walking distance of the four different boroughs of New Haven. The New Haven Marketplace has now been unveiled Rodeo experience (eclectic, upscale food hall) and Brewing port Tap house. These are joining over a dozen tenants arriving since late 2020, making New Haven Marketplace the most significant new retail and lifestyle destination in the Inland Empire. The tenants include:
- Stater Bros. supermarket
- Rodeo experience
- New Haven Veterinary Clinic
- Pio Picos Tacos
- Kona cleaners
- Yoga 6
- Hunting bench
- Jersey Mikes
- Popping egg yolk
- Shootz Hawaiians
- Point and dough
- Fika Fika dairy
- Okami ramen
- Original cuisine
- D’Vine Mediterranean
- Carls Jr
- Great clips
- Cape Republic
- The Camp Transformation Center
- Ontario Ranch Dentists
- Feeling Groovy Wellness Center
- The Ranch Nail Spa
Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. Brookfield Residential Southern California Los Angeles, a division of Brookfield Residential, aims to be more than just a home builder. We strive to create the best places to call home. The Brookfield Residential Southern California Los Angeles team has the passion, expertise, and local knowledge to design homes and neighborhoods that appeal to home buyers at every stage of life. We are an award-winning home builder and industry leader with an exceptional reputation for quality, design and customer service.
Brookfield Residential Properties Inc. is a leading developer and developer in North America. We authorize and develop plots in order to create master plan communities, sell plots to third-party builders and operate our own house construction business. We also participate in select, strategic real estate offerings, including infill projects, mixed-use developments and joint ventures. We are the leading North American residential real estate company owned by Brookfield Asset Management, a leading global alternative asset manager with over $ 550 billion in assets under management.